I’ve finally wired in a reading light for the port-side v-berth bunk. I’ve also positioned a new fire extinguisher in the head compartment. I have a few more extinguishers aboard, but this is the only one so far that is mounted.
Category: head (page 1 of 3)
I’ve invested another $23.50 for a new retractable handle for the toilet pump. This resolves the limited-space issue of the standard pump handle that extended past the doorway leading into the v-berth cabin.
The newly installed toilet joker valve is working perfectly and no water is making its way back down into the toilet. I had tested tacking in sections of cove molding for one vertical edge and the top edge of the head compartment bulkheads. I liked the way it looked. I had only 5-1/2 feet of … read more
I purchased a new joker valve for the PHII toilet at the local chandler for $19.50 and set about installing it. This was made difficult by the fact that the toilet had previously been bolted to the platform in six places, and the platform secured in place. I didn’t want to have to take it … read more
I’ve cut a new platform for the Raritan PHII toilet. I used a platform board that had been discarded by the prior owner of this toilet’s boat. It has a nice piece of trim along the front edge that will make it look better and it’s in very good shape. The new platform isn’t very … read more
I needed to bolt down the Raritan toilet that I’d resurrected from the marina dumpster area and attach the hoses. Sounds easy. Never is. I’ve collected what I think are all the adapters, bolts, and clamps for accomplishing this. I needed a reducer for the intake hose, going from 1-inch to 3/4-inch, which I had to … read more
Back to the little manual Raritan PHII toilet I found up by the dumpsters, where the man who’d discarded it did so because the dry/flush knob would no longer turn, and his wife couldn’t use it in this state. I removed the intake valve on the pump housing on this little toilet and upon closer inspection … read more
I’m pretty excited about this find. I was at the dumpsters with my garbage the other day and came upon this toilet that had been left for the garbage truck. It looked in decent condition and I’m a fan of anything Raritan. I found out who had owned and discarded it and asked about its condition. … read more
I finished attaching the new bulkheads in the head compartment. I will need to install some quarter-round trim around the outer edges and some half-round trim at the mid-seam. For the time being I’m thrilled to have this little shelf and a means of largely hiding all the hoses. I also spent some time cleaning … read more
I have applied two coats of primer and one coat of finish paint on the bulkheads for the head compartment. They are ready to be installed. I still need to do a bit more painting of the support cleats, but I dry fitted the painted sections in place and I think it will be … read more