An amazing turnaround for this haul out, and with everything finished by Thursday afternoon, I went to the boatyard on Friday to retrieve the boat only to find that there were unexpected delays with getting her launched. I’d hoped to get her out early in the day, at slack tide, but that wasn’t possible. The river current is critical to work around but by the time they’d splashed her it was after 15:00 at which point the current was at full force.

As I was warming up the engine at the lift dock, the boatyard manager rushed over to tell me that he’d made a change with the shaft anode. They’d checked what I’d done and thought it was too loose, and so they’d instead put on a different anode that fit tightly. He shared the pictures of it with me.

the replacement anode a Martyr size C

This is interesting to me because this anode comes with a nut assembly that allows it to screw onto the shaft, and the anode to attach to it from there. New anodes are far more readily available than the original anode I’d searched high and low for.

I was in a crunch when he told me about this. I needed to get the boat away from a dock that was downriver to the fast current. The boatyard workers took a workboat over to pull the bow off the dock so I could motor away.

Then I had to deal with getting back into my slip against the current with weather that was cold and rainy.  With that done, I waited until today to return to the boatyard to pay for the replacement anode, something I hadn’t been asked to do.

This boatyard was the best experience I’ve had with a lift yard in all these years. They allowed me to work on my boat inside the yard. They undertook work that I had expected to do myself, and hadn’t charged me for it. The manager hadn’t asked to be paid for these changes, but today I went in and paid him nonetheless. I want to recommend this boatyard to anyone in my area. Proudly.