The weather has been scorchingly hot this week. Today it reached 103°F. Hard to breathe when it gets this hot. It drives the energy straight out of you.
Rob arrived at the yard at 6:00 in the morning in order to finish up with everything that I hadn’t or couldn’t get to. He ran the engine for awhile to make sure everything was in perfect working order. He has this really cool gadget that attaches to the water intake so that all he had to do was turn on the hose to feed water to the engine.
By the time I arrived Rob had installed all the stanchions and made sure the necessary fenders were ready.
I was nervous about some of the work I’ve done, particularly around the new engine controls and the new prop and shaft. All those last minute jitters after three years on the hard. I was nervous about some of the work the shop had done as well. There had been so many gaps in the work that I worried something had been overlooked along the way.
The lift is on the other side Tomahawk Island Drive , so the boat had to be trailered out, then down the street a short way, and finally down to the lift area at Sailboats of Oregon.
Greg, the yard manager, along with Rob, the yard worker who has been working on the boat for months now, moved the mast out of the shelter to allow more room for the trailer to be pulled out. Then Greg pulled his truck up to the trailer that my boat has been sitting on for past three long years and hooked up.
He pulled the boat out of the shelter and headed over to front of the shop.
Once out of the shelter Greg did some final checking, then strapped the boat down for the ride across the street to the lift.
Then over to Sailboats of Oregon where everyone pitched in to get her off the trailer and strapped to the travel lift.
The guys pulled her over to the dock and we spent time checking all the thru-hulls for leaks.
We then motored her over to her new covered slip upriver at Jantzen Bay, row 5, slip 16. We tested her systems along the way, and stopped at the fuel dock to top off the tanks.